Our Rates

Product Rate APR
15 Yr. Fixed 3.125% 3.360%
View All Mortgage Rates

 

Product Rate APR
24 Month ($500 Min.) 0.75% 0.75%
View All CD Rates
Product Rate APR
Hometown Interest Checking 0.05% 0.05%
View All Deposit Rates

Investment Services

 

 

 

  • Weather
  • Market

History & Mission

Text Size:
A A A

The original location of Citizens National Bank in 1933.

On January 1, 1933, a group of dedicated community leaders began providing full service banking to the Park Rapids area when the doors were opened at the Citizens National Bank of Park Rapids.  One of those involved in that achievement was Harold Bishop of Bishop's Department Store.  Among the directors in that first year were H.W. Ressler, W.M. Taber and M.E. Smith.  Total assets of the bank on June 30, 1933 were $153,611. 

 

From such a modest but important beginning, a continued tradition of personal interest in the customer, pride in the Park Rapids area, and sound financial judgment caused the bank to grow exponentially. In February of 1967, the bank relocated to a new, "ultra-modern" building to better serve its growing customer base.

 

The second location of Citizens National Bank, opened in 1967.

Twenty-six years later, in August of 1993, Citizens National Bank relocated once again to the current bank site on 1st Street West. This building was much larger than the previous two locations and encouraged even more growth. In 2010, Citizens National Bank had assets of $199 million and 47 full-time employees.

 

Citizens National Bank has grown into a bank that can serve all of your financial needs. Not only do we offer a variety of deposit accounts and loans, but we have credit card options, CDs and IRAs, even PrimeVest investment solutions. Today, as a locally-owned bank, we continue to do what we do best—provide strong, conservative leadership within the bank and the Park Rapids community while serving as a safe and secure place for your funds.

 

 

The current location of Citizens National Bank.

The ribbon cutting ceremony at the new bank on August 29, 1993.